Sunday, May 21, 2006

Yard Work Day



Saturday was a day of yardwork. We had to clean out the beds to prepare to plant the daylilies that Captain Mom had picked out for the house. We recruited the Boy and put him to work.






Captain Mother, in her pregnant state, couldn't do much digging, but she was in charge of directing and keeping everyone company. She also made a slurpee run in the afternoon. She decided which daylilies would go where, and then we were in charge of planting them.



It was a big job getting the beds cleaned out and prepped for the daylilies. We had morning glory all over the place, and it was really hard trying to dig down and get the roots out. I'm sure we didn't get it all, but we hopefully got enough of it.




These are the poor shrubs that got removed from the bed to make room for the flowers. I always feel bad pulling out plants, but we think that the new flowers will look very nice when they grow in. We put the stragglers out at the curb, where they now await getting hauled off in the truck.



This was the other casualty of the day. It is hard to tell, but it used to be a little stone bunny in the beds. Unfortunately, as I was mowing the lawn in the morning, I bent down to pick something up at my side and accidently ran over the bunny. I scalped him, and he now resides in the garbage. So we are also looking for some new animals to live in the garden. It is a perilous job, as it turns out.

1 comment:

Ninon said...

Hmmm. I may be overly optimistic, but I thought MAYBE there might be pictures up.

Congratulations!