Sunday, December 16, 2007

Father Christmas and Snow

Our ward had its annual Christmas party November 30th at This Is The Place Heritage Park. It was a great event. I recommend every family go for the Candlelight Christmas. They have lots of different events for kids and adults to enjoy. We took The Prince to see Father Christmas for the first time while we were there. He didn't cry, but he was certainly skeptical.













On December 1st we had our first big snow. The Prince loved going outside with dad in the snow. We don't have much snow gear for the poor little guy, but he didn't seem to mind. Luckily I had just bought a hat and a pair of gloves, which he kept on most of the time. The Prince especially loved getting his own shovel and pushing it around. He was very helpful. He also liked making snow balls and riding around in the shovel. He seemed a little unsure of being covered in snow, though. One thing he didn't like at all was having cold hands. He was very mad when he came inside. He was yelling at his hands.














The following Saturday, we had another big snow storm. We had to repeat the whole procedure and take The Prince out to play in the snow. It was much colder and windier, so we did not play outside in the snow for long. The Prince took off his gloves and his hands got very cold. He was super mad at his hands when he came inside. I tried to warm them under water, but The Prince didn't trust me. He kept pulling his hands away and crying. I kept at it, of course, but I don't think he ever believed I was making things better. It looks like we will need some better gloves along with boots and snow pants. The Prince just loves to be outside. I know what to do to bundle him up, but what about me? I don't have a coat that covers my pregnant belly, or maternity snow pants. It looks like the poor kid will be stuck inside until Daddy can take him.

Oh, this conversation reminds me that we never posted the news that we are expecting in February. We are having a girl and everything is going great with the pregnancy so far.

Getting back to our snowy Saturday . . .
Dade called and asked me to take some pictures of him and his family for their Christmas card. The fresh snow made a beautiful scene. I went and took a bunch of pictures. They got some very cute ones to choose from. At one point, a huge gust of wind picked-up the snow and blew it in our faces. It was so cold. During the gust, I kept shooting pictures. Here are the results, and one good picture, too.















1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.