Thursday, May 21, 2009

Tin-palooza
















May is the month to celebrate me. On May 7th is Captain F's and my anniversary. We are celebrating 5 successful years this year. The Sunday after ou anniversary is Mother's Day. And on May 17th is my Birthday. Captain F has to come up with lots of gifts all at once.

For our anniversary we got a new Chariot double jogging stroller/bike trailer. We thought it would be fun to get something we can do together. So far we are enjoying running all together. The Prince loves the new stroller and likes to go for a run. Little V not as much. Little V spends a lot of the time torturing the Prince by touching his face. It is pretty funny. I make Captain F push the stroller as a sort of handicap so he can go my pace and still get a workout. Although, I have taken the Prince out for a run just the two of us; I can push the stroller, too.

Mother's Day was absolutely perfect. We got up and it was so nice to have Captain F around to help me get the kids ready for church. Then I got to go to a Mother's Day party in Primary with the Prince. He was a great singer with his nursery group. After church V and I took a nap while the boys played outside. Then we woke up and went to a buffet at the Alta Club, where Captain F and I had our wedding reception. We went with my parents and my sister and her family. Then we walked around the Temple grounds to see all the flowers. It was perfect. Finally we came home and Captain F had another gift for me, a comforter for the downstairs bedroom. We had such a fun time hanging out together.










































Finally, for my Birthday all the Canadians plus a few friends got together to celebrate. Captain F bought me a new IPod nano because my Ipod mini will only last 17 minutes on battery, making it difficult to take along running. It was the perfect gift and much too generous. Captain F even served Angel Food cake, which he is totally sick of because we have it all summer long.

































Here are some action shots of V walking. She is so excited with her new method of transportation.

































But the best present of all was a trip to Disneyland with our little family. Post to follow.

2 comments:

Monika said...

Happy Birthday -- your family is adorable and your parents look FANTASTIC!! Congrats on your first 5 years of marital bliss!!

KickButtMommy said...

What a fabulous Mother's Day and birthday! Can't wait to see the Disneyland pics!